5 Reasons to Buy a Home in the Winter, Save more and Get More
Typically most consumers think Spring when it comes to buying a home. However, there are some real advantages to home buying in the colder winter months.
Here are the top 5 reasons why you should be looking for a home now:
- Less Home Buyer Competition With fewer shoppers out there looking for a home to buy, home buyers have more time to compare homes and less pressure to put in their offer right away. The slower pace of winter real estate makes the process less stressful and gives buyers more time to evaluate all the possible options.
- Housing Prices are Lower in the Winter Often the lower demand for homes in the fall and winter months gives home buyers an opportunity to negotiate a better price on a home purchase than they will have in the spring and early summer.
- Motivated Home Sellers Given a choice most Realtors won’t suggest listing a home on the market in the fall or winter. So, if a home is on the market in those months, there is likehood that the home sellers will be more willing to negotiate to get the sale done than they might be at another time of the year. Home buyers will also have more leverage to negotiate better selling prices, closing costs, closing dates and other terms of sale, including window treatments, appliances and more.
- Attentive and Responsive Realtors With less shoppers looking for homes in the winter, real estate agents have more time to dedicate to each of their clients transactions. As a result, buyers get more of their Realtor’s attention. Response times are shorter. All the participants in the transaction including the mortgage broker and real estate attorney have more time to work on their parts to the sale as well.
- Cheaper Moving Costs As with real estate, home moving companies are also busier in the spring and summer months. And when demand for movers is high, so are the prices. Moving in the fall and winter months can save you time and offer you many more options for a moving date and preferred time of day.
See for yourself why a winter move might be right for you!
If you are interested in searching for your new home in Connecticut this winter, don’t hesitate to give me a call. I would be happy to put on my winter coat, hat and gloves and set up some local showings for you!